Friday 23 May 2014

-- FINAL DESIGN HAND-IN --

So yesterday was our final design hand in for this semester before dry run (pre-portfolio portfolio exam) and our mid year portfolio exam... Again, I didn't get to finish all my 3D renders on the computer because my CAD file was corrupt and kept crashing (typical for it to happen the night before hand in)... I played around with a new layout style for my posters, and my lecturer said they were okay I must just leave the cut corners uncut and organise the pictures and text into a more grid-like form.... Otherwise my space is starting to come to life with the computer rendered 3D's... 

The first 2 renders are complete - I used Lumion for this hand-in as the materials added to the components are look very realistic and atmosphere can be added to the renders when you hand render over them. The only problem I had was getting the lighting right in the Museum space - this will be a vital part of my presentation for portfolio due to the fact that my entire museum space is developed around the atmosphere that the lighting provides, especially due to the dark nature of the materials used and the space itself having no natural light coming in.... 

Feedback is always appreciated :) 













No comments:

Post a Comment